EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System For Rainwater Tanks
The EcoDepot Tank Cleaner automatically sucks up the sludge and contaminants from the bottom of your tank every time your tank overflows.
- Clean your tank effortlessly and improve the quality of your water with the EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System!
- Vacuums unwanted debris, silt and decomposing matter that may have settled at the bottom of your tank
- Eliminates the need to empty and clean your tank every year (providing that your tank overflows at least 2 to 4 times a year under heavy rainfall)
- No power required, easy DIY installation whether your tank is empty or full, no maintenance required
- Specially designed Flow Booster triggers syphon effect, boosting flow from 0.5L/sec (no suction) to 4L/sec (strong suction)
- Designed for vertical water tanks from 700L (including slimline tanks) to 5500L made of polymer plastic (successfully assembled on the following brands: Jojo, Ecotank, Rototank and Ecogator; you might need to change the overflow fitting of your tank for other brands)
- can fit higher vertical water tanks (10000L, 20000L) with custom extensions for the Syphon and Vacuum pipes (40mm uPVC pipe and 40mm couplers)
Rainwater harvesting is very popular in South Africa and keeping the water in your tanks clean and debris free is vital if the water is intended for use inside the house. Even with a leaf catcher and a first flush system installed, plant matter, waste & sediment can settle at the bottom of your tank, which enables the growth of blood worms, mosquito larvae, bacteria/protozoa (including E. Coli, Giardia and Salmonella) and algae.
Some common contaminants found in rainwater tanks:
How the EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System works:
The EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System works by vacuuming up these settled contaminants and discharging them every time your tank overflows. Once the water level reaches the height of the overflow, our specially designed flow booster triggers a siphon effect and starts vacuuming water with a flow rate of 4 litres per second (this is more than a 1.1kW pressure booster pump can produce). This powerful vacuum sucks up the sludge & contaminants, removing them from your tank.
Without the EcoDepot Tank Cleaner system installed, every time your tank fills up with rain and overflows, fresh water from the top of the tank is discharged through the overflow while any contaminants that enter the tank can settle and decompose at the bottom of the tank.
Watch: How to install the EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System For Rainwater Tanks
The vacuum is broken when the water level reaches a pre-set hole in the pipe, allowing the water level to rise again and begin another cleansing vacuum cycle.
What’s in the box:
We only use high-quality uPVC pipes and fittings when manufacturing the EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System, to keep your rainwater tank free from plasticizers which may leach out of regular PVC products.
1 x uPVC Syphon pipe with Flow Booster
1 x uPVC Vacuum pipe (predrilled) and end cap + 1 x uPVC Extension Vacuum pipe (predrilled) and coupler (for large diameter tanks)
1 x uPVC Tank connector
1 x uPVC Syphon breaker fitting
What you will need:
To assemble your EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System, you will need a piece of plain 40mm uPVC pipe (not supplied) to connect the syphon breaker to the vacuum pipe on the inside of your tank. You will also need PVC glue to connect the different parts. Assembling can be done on a full tank.
The EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System is designed for the following vertical water tanks:
- Jojo Tank (Slimline 750L, Slimline 1000L, 1000L, 1500L, 2200L, 2500L, 4500L, 5000L, 5500L)
- Ecotank (Slimline 707L, Slimline 950L, 1000L, 1500L, 1890L, 2200L, 2500L, 4500L, 5000L)
- Rototank (Slimline 800L, 1000L, 1500L, 2500L, 5000L)
- Ecogator Tank (1000L, 1500L, 2500L, 5000L)
You can assemble the EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System to higher vertical water tanks (10000L, 20000L) with custom extensions for the Syphon and Vacuum pipes (40mm uPVC pipe and 40mm couplers). You can also use the EcoDepot Tank Cleaner System with other makes of vertical water tanks, but might need to change the overflow fitting of your tank.
Watch the Flow Booster impact: