3 Stage Big Blue Water Filtration With 55W UV Sterilizer, Includes 2 Sediment & 1 Carbon Block Filters
Improve your water supply with the whole house 3-stage Big Blue water purifier coupled with a 55W UV sterilizer. This water filtration system is perfectly suited to purify rainwater and municipal water that may have been contaminated by bacteria or protozoa (including E.coli and Giardia). It can process wellpoint water if it does not contain any heavy metal pollutants, mineral pollutants or salt.
- Flow rate of ±2720 litres per hour (equivalent to 5 large taps open simultaneously)
- Sediment filters remove unwanted particles such as sand, algae, rust, mud, slime and others from your water
- Carbon filters remove chlorine and organic compounds while improving taste, colour and odour of water
- UV (Ultra Violet) light disinfects water by neutralizing from harmful bacteria, protozoa and spores
- Installs easily and neatly against a wall, either in the garage or outside in a shaded area
The system comes with a complete set of 3 filter cartridges (5-micron sediment filter, carbon block filter, 1-micron sediment filter) suitable for most rainwater and municipal water filtration needs in South Africa. The cartridges are fitted into the system.
Filter cartridges must be replaced every 6 months or when water pressure drops. The 55W UV bulb must be replaced every 12 months. It is always recommended that installations are done by certified plumbers. This system IS NOT designed to filter borehole water. Please, contact us for borehole water treatment advice.
Watch: How to install a Big Blue water filter system with a 55W UV sterilizer
What you get:
- 3 x 20 Inch Big Blue filter housings
- 1 x Mounting frame
- 1 x 5-micron 20-inch Big Blue sediment filters
- 1 x 20-inch Big Blue carbon block filters
- 1 x 1-micron 20-inch Big Blue sediment filters
- 1 x Complete 55W ultraviolet sterilizer (960mm length)
- *The filter cartridges supplied with this unit are not labelled and are already in the correct sequence for filtering
- Big Blue cartridge dimensions [w x h]: 11.4cm x 50.8cm
- Pipe fittings size: 1" NPT
Please note, that because of this product being couriered, the UV light is not preinstalled on the system due to the fragile nature of the UV bulb. Installation is required. The Big Blue housings come fitted with the first set of filter cartridges mounted in the correct sequence (5-micron, carbon block, 1-micron).
Parts and consumables for the 3-stage Big Blue Filtration System with 55W UV Steriliser:
- Big Blue filters: complete set (5-micron, carbon block, 1-micron) (replace every 6 months or when pressure drops)
- 55W UV light bulb (replace every 12 months)
- 55W UV ballast (spare)
- 55W UV sleeve (spare)
20-inch Big Blue filter cartridge dimensions